Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Images and that which we see

The eyes can be deceiving. The person beholding an image will often perceive that which he sees in his mind rather than that what is in front of him. For example, one may look and me and see a freaky garden gnome or serial killer. This is untrue. I do not kill. I just cut off noses. And I am not a garden gnome.

Another example of this is someone looking at my work. Because my results give beauty which nature cannot match, him what has idea in his head of nose being bad if not looking like that which occurs in nature will see “botch” whereas others with more discerning eye will see beauty and craftsmanship.

I do not show prospective patients pictures of my own work, as they will often be shocked at how aesthetic my results are and because of this will sometimes mistake my results as being bad. They often feel my work is drastic as there has been so much improvement, when in really my work is actually very conservative (I do leave some of the original tissue in the nose).

Make sure you are not one of these slovenly public whose eyes deceive them! If you get rhinoplasty result that looks “botched” in your vision; ask your plastic surgeon for his opinion and he will tell you your result is good (which he will know better than you! Do not listen to unsavoury characters which feed you with other opinions! Him which created result is always much better judge than him which did not!).

It could also be that your result is good, but you just need the rest of your face manipulated to fit your new nose. In this case, always ask opinion of plastic surgeon for what to sculpt your face into more aesthetic shape for a more aesthetic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment